4 Health Tips for a Happy Healthy Spring:
1- Every morning flush your system with 1 liter of fresh spring water. This removes toxins while hydrating your body and accelerating your cell's metabolism. This technique is used in many healing protocols including the 7 Day just Juice Diet by Steve Meyerowitz. Check out this book for deeper information on daily water flushing.
2- Enjoy fresh fruits high in anti-oxidants like berries and melons to re-invigorate your skin and stimulate natural healthy tissue re-growth for a more glowing complexion. As your body becomes more alkaline and flooded with anti-oxidants your connective tissue like skin replenishes more quickly and with healthier cells. This is the science behind having a healthy "glow".
3- Spend 1-3 minutes each day deep breathing to a count of 6 in, 6 out nasal breaths to stimulate and tighten your core! Repeat as often as stress arises to restore your body's natural balance. It's true that more stress leads to a more acidic ph in your body and depletes your energy levels. Stay energetic and strong by focusing your energy on releasing stress!
4- Add a fresh green juice daily throughout the spring to support your body with increased vitamins and minerals! Fresh juice daily helps to support your immune system too! Green juice is quickly absorbed by your blood stread and works to alkalize your system allowing for optimal ph levels and creating a state of well being. You should experience increased levels of energy as well due to the extra flood of nutrition and enzymes entering your body! Drink to your health this spring! For more wellness tips and recipes to support your health this spring check out the book Healing with Raw Foods by Jenny Ross. https://www.tribestlife.com/productdisplay/healing-raw-foods
4 Health Tips for a Happy Healthy Spring:
How to help you kids enjoy more fermented vegetables?
Try these simple tricks and this easy recipe to get your whole family enjoying healthy fermented vegetables quickly! The benefits of fermented vegetables have been known for centuries but now more than ever in modern lifestyle we are enjoying more fermented vegetables to support immunity and gut function. It may be challenging to think of an easy way to help your child enjoy some fresh sauerkraut, kimchi or other combinations of healthy fermented vegetables.
Here are 3 tips to get you going!!
1) Try colorful ferments like the beet juice sauerkraut shown here. Kids, like adults eat with their eyes first so the more color the better. Carrots, beets and turmeric are all easy to find in health food stores now and you can also use them to make your own fresh ferments at home. Below you will find my recipe for beet juice sauerkraut using cabbage and brine with beet juice for this colorful presentation.
2) Try combining the fermented vegetables on bite sized crackers with a cream based sauce. Our family favorite is a sauce made from pine nuts. The cream cuts the acidity often the predominant flavor of fermented food and allows for a more balanced taste.
Here is a simple pine nut cream sauce:
1 cup pine nuts
1 cup coconut water
1 tsp raw sweetener
1 clove garlic
1 tsp sea salt
Blend on high using your Glass Personal Blender and enjoy in 5 days.
3) Top your fermented foods snack with other kid friendly garnishes like small rounds of grape tomatoes, diced fruit or a sprinkling of nutritional yeast. Enjoy trying different colors in your garnish selection as it adds to the flavor and presentation in a way that can make your snack really stand out! If you are unsure about adding healthy fermented foods to your child’s diet consider that after the age of 3 a child’s digestive tract starts to look like an adults. It’s never too early to start developing a health gut and developing your child’s taste for healthy fermented foods. In Korea where every child grows up eating Kimchi they have been able to document the direct health impact of enjoying fermented foods daily and with almost every meal. The findings are inspirational because they cover so many health issues, ”Health functionality of kimchi, based upon our research and that of other, includes anticancer, anti-obesity, anti-constipation, colon health promotion, probiotic properties, cholesterol reduction, fibrolytic effect, anti-oxidative and anti-aging properties, brain health promotion, immune promotion, and skin health promotion.” (1)
I hope you’ll be encouraged to start trying fermented foods with your own family today!
Here is a basic and simple recipe to get you started:
2 heads cabbage
3 tbsp. sea salt
Added: ½ cup beet juice
Step 1: Slice cabbage into thin strips and place in a medium mixing bowl or large flat dish.
Step 2 Knead cabbage with clean hands until juice is expressed, enough to cover the pieces of cabbage., you may wish to use the assistance of a potato masher and pound the cabbage down into the bowl.
Step 3: Sprinkle with sea salt and pour over beet juice.
Step 4: Transfer the juices and cabbage into a large glass jar for fermentation or a fermentation crock.
Step 5: Leave outside of refrigeration for 2-3 days allowing to ferment until the mixture becomes sour- each day rotate product inside of the jar or the crock by lightly stirring.
Step 6: Refrigerate and let continue to ferment for 1-2 weeks. Each day the flavor will become stronger.
To shorten the time and create a quick ferment transfer the juices and the cabbage to a large Yo Life container and warm in the Yo Life Yogurt Maker for 1 full day, the mixture will become sour and you can enjoy right away and refrigerate the rest for up to 1 month.
To learn more about the Yo Life Yogurt Maker click here:
To learn more healthy and delicious recipes for the best health of your entire family order Jenny's book Veggie Mama here: https://www.tribestlife.com/productdisplay/veggie-mama-doreen-virtue-jen...
* reference 1: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24456350
Our living body needs living water! What is living water? Watch this short video to learn more about how you can get connected to living water in your own home!
To learn more about the Duet Water Revitalizer after the video click here:
Steve Meyerowitz in the 7 Day Just Juice Diet said, "The liver is an amazing organ with hundreds of function relating to metabilim, synthesizing nutrient, breaking down fats, regulating cholesterol, storing glucose and vitamins and much more." This fresh juice is great for daily enjoyment to alkalize your entire bloodstream and support healthy liver function! Check out the video to see how you can use three ingredients to make this powerful beverage in about 30 seconds using the Slowstar Juicer!. To learn more about the Slowtar Juicer click here: https://www.tribestlife.com/product-brand/slowstar Time to get juicy!
2 Bunches Grapes
3 Apples (Yellow Delicious, Granny Smith, or Pippin), (Cut into 6 pieces)
1 Kiwi (Peeled and cut into 2 pieces)
1 Slice Honeydew (Cut into cubes)
1 Slice Pineapple (Cut into cubes)
1 Whole Lemon (Peeled and cut into 4 pieces)
½ Cup Cranberries
pieces and cranberries
2. Juice lemon separately and add to taste
Do not be afraid to experiment according to your own taste