Parents know that you get only one shot to feed your baby right and Ruth Yaron has been helping parents get it right for over 15 years. Ruth's book, Super Baby Food, is affectionately referred to as the baby food bible by over half a million parents worldwide because it literally contains everything you will ever need to know about feeding a baby and toddler.
It features, for example, a very special type of baby cereal she calls Super Porridge. This is definitely not your mom's powdered white rice baby cereal. We are talking about organic, whole grains and legumes, blended and boiled at home with a bit of nutritional yeast and/or tahini sprinkled in for an extra nutritious touch.
Super Baby Food
ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING you should know about feeding your baby and toddler from beginning solid foods through age three years. The Super Baby Food Diet is a super healthy lacto-ovo vegetarian diet composed only of the most wholesome foods, including whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits, and yogurt. It is the most complete baby food reference book on the market today.
Here's a list of the information included in the book.
- How and when to start your baby on solid foods, with detailed information on the best and safest high chair, spoons, bibs, and other feeding equipment.
- Which foods to introduce to your baby during each month of his first year, with details on proper food consistency, amount, and temperature.
- How much you can expect your baby to eat and drink during the months of her first year with information on her digestive system at each age.
- Interesting details on your baby's physical, emotional, intellectual, and psychological development as it applies to self-feeding and mealtimes; how you can increase your baby's or toddler's self-esteem and self-confidence during mealtimes.
- The age you can expect your baby to start finger feeding, drinking from a cup, eating table foods, and self-feeding with a spoon and fork.
- If you choose to make homemade baby food, this book will give you the knowledge and confidence to make your own healthy and safe homemade baby vegetables, fruits, cereals, (meats--which are optional), and other Super Baby Foods.
- Extensive information on food allergies; foods considered choking hazards; foods likely to cause digestive problems in young babies; and safety precautions to prevent burns and poisoning.
- Thousands of money-saving and time-saving child care and kitchen tips.
- How to make meals fun! Food decorating! Cute cake patterns! Toddler party snacks and favors! Many other entertaining ideas!
- More than 350 quick, easy, delicious, nutritious, and sometimes entertaining recipes for babies and toddlers, including imitation homemade recipes for: Pop Tartsr, Grape Nutsr and other breakfast cereals, instant breakfast drinks, hot chocolate mix, Shake-N-Baker, Pamr, Fruit Roll-Upsr, Stove-top Stuffing Mixr, homemade vanilla extract, Hamburger Helperr, and more. So much cheaper and healthier (no preservatives needed!) to make for your toddler and family!
- Recipes for homemade play dough, finger paints and brush paints, bubbles for blowing, and dozens more children's arts and crafts recipes and ideas.
- Ideas for Halloween, Christmas, Easter, birthday parties, and homemade toddler toys and gifts.
- Extensive information on nutrition and your baby, including nutrient tables of all major vitamins and minerals with convenient baby-sized portions to help you be sure that your baby is getting proper nourishment.
- How to save money by making homemade yogurt, fruit leather, and how to grow sprouts, fruit plants, and herbs in your kitchen for fun and food.
- Easy, economical recipes for homemade baby accessories, such as baby wipes, diaper cream, and many more.
- Baby-safe and environmentally-friendly recipes for household cleaning products, such as baby-safe drain cleaners, furniture polish, window cleaners, and more. These recipes cost only pennies to make and are so safe that most are actually edible!!
- Tips for removing crayon, spit-up, and urine stains from baby clothes, carpets, and furniture.
- This book is the most complete and well-researched baby food book on the market today. Even though it is 600 pages, it is cleverly designed for the busy parent to read only a small part each month as baby grows.
About the Author:
When Ruth Yaron's twin boys were born premature and very sick, she knew the most important thing she could do for them was to feed them the healthiest diet possible. Unhappy with the information that was available to her, Ruth decided to do her own exhaustive research on nutrition and health food. Although she was a whiz at programming satellites for NASA, Ruth was an inexperienced cook. She used dozens of natural cookbooks to learn her way around a kitchen, experimenting with tofu, carob and wheat germ, much to the surprise of friends and family.
Ruth continues her research and to share Super Baby Food tips with her audience through her blog, her active Facebook page and Twitter account (@Super_Baby_Food). She loves to interact AND hear feedback from new parents and will answer any of the energetic, insightful questions they have.
Ruth graduated from East Stroudsburg University in Pennsylvania with degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science. She worked at the GE Space Division and programmed satellites for NASA before writing Super Baby Food. She is the mother of three sons and lives with her husband in Scranton, PA.