International Customers:

  • Visit the authorized distributor in your country. If you don't see your country's flag, please contact us.

Australia

Belgium
 

Canada

Croatia
 

Czech Republic

Finland
 

France

Germany
 

Hong Kong

Hungary
 

Israel

Italy
 

Lithuania

Netherlands
 

New Zealand

Nigeria
 

Poland

Russia
 

Serbia

Slovakia
 

Slovenia

Sweden
 

Switzerland

United Kingdom
 

Blog

SIMPLE GREEN JUICE RECIPE INSPIRED BY JOHN KOHLER

By ONLINE SALES, 01/21/2016 - 16:14

When juicing, John Kohler suggests having a base ingredient such as cucumbers, celery, jicama root, carrots, zucchini, hard squashes, apples, etc. be 75% of your juice. Then, the other 25% of the juice can be made out of greens that you rotate from one kind to the next. He also suggested to keep the number of ingredients under 5 when juicing. 

Here is a Simple Green Juice recipe that follows this guide:

Ingredients:

  • 1-2 Cucumber
  • 1 Handful Spinach
  • 2-4 Slices of Apple (for sweetness)
  • 2 Slices of Lime (optional)

 

 

 

 

 

Start the New Year with Healthy Tips from John Kohler

By ONLINE SALES, 01/15/2016 - 15:38

1. Drink lots of water

Start out the day by drinking a lot of water to break your fast. I drink 32 ounces of water or coconut water in the morning. You don’t have to drink it all at once. By sipping it here and there, it will be easier to take in and won’t overwhelm you.

2. Consume more fruits and vegetables

Start juicing! It’s an efficient way to increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables. Juicing helps to extract vitamins and nutrients from produce and turns it into a form that is easy and fast for your body to digest and absorb. Blending fruits and vegetables is also beneficial and makes it easier to digest your food.

3. Grow your own food

Growing your food is cheaper than buying from your local supermarket. It’s convenient; you can just go outside, pick out what you need, and wash it. It’s safer because you are in control of how it’s grown so you don’t have to worry about it being contaminated. If you do not have a garden, start growing microgreens in the convenience of your own home. Automatic sprouters such as the Freshlife 3000 are great when you do not have much room or lack a garden.

4. Keep it simple when juicing

Use a base ingredient such as cucumbers, celery, jicama root, carrots, zucchini, hard squashes, apples, etc. This base will represent 75% of your juice. The other 25% of your juice can be greens that you rotate from one kind to the next. Keep the number of juicing ingredients under 5. Using only 2-3 is great as well.

5. Rotate your produce

Rotate the fruits and vegetables that you juice and eat. Rotating helps you to get vitamins and nutrients from different sources. Not rotating leaves you deficient in vitamins and nutrients that your single source does not provide or does not have enough of. Rotating prevents build-up of plant-based toxins that may accumulate from consuming a single variety of plants. Rotating your food in general helps you get a healthy balance of different vitamins and nutrients.

6. Reuse your pulp from juicing

You can use leftover pulp in recipes for baked goods. You can also dehydrate it into crackers or use it in soup stock. I like to compost my pulp. You can use that pulp and turn it into something to help grow more greens in your garden.

7. Get back to nature

Go outside and try to get back into nature. Being outside can help with your mood and being in the sun helps your body create vitamin D. Exercise when you can and maybe go running, biking, hiking, anything!

8. Take it slow

Minimize processed foods and increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables one step at a time. Juicing helps you increase your intake of fruits and vegetables by drinking a few cups of juice. Start slowly by drinking a juice for breakfast, or eating fruits for breakfast. Eat an extra salad before your dinner. You can also only eat your dinner after you’ve had a nice, large salad. This fills you up so you mostly have the good stuff. Juice your produce slow and drink it slow. Drinking it slow helps you get better uptake and better nutrition and you’ll get fewer blood sugar spikes.

9. Try raw soups

Raw soups provide an alternative to smoothies and juices that may taste sweet, or bitter from certain greens. Find recipes that you like and adjust to your taste. My raw soups are usually juiced, so I’ll juice about 32 ounces of red pepper juice with maybe a few hot peppers in there. And then, I’ll blend that juice up with some nuts or seeds or some avocado, some sauerkraut, and some herbs and spices for some flavor, and then, after I blend that up at high speed, I’ll add back in the other half of the juice so that it doesn’t get oxidized by blending. Then I’ll cut up a head of romaine lettuce and put some seaweed in there and some other things, maybe some natto, and have a nice raw soup for dinner.

10. Invest in your health

The most important thing you guys have, in my opinion, is your health. Your health is your greatest wealth. Take the extra time, even if it doesn’t seem convenient, to live healthy. Try the best that you can to be a healthier you.

Start growing sprouts with your own Freshlife 3000 here!

Browse our website to see all of our healthy living products that can help jumpstart your new year!

Pages